Alquileres LG holiday rentals
The best of your stay in one of our properties is to get to know the different aspects of Calpe. We can provide you with information on the things you will find in your holiday apartment. The rest you will have to discover yourself!
Beaches and coves
If you come to Calpe you will get to know its wonderful beaches and coves. Arenal-Bol, Levante-Fossa and Cantal Roig are the town’s three main sandy beaches and their quality is certificated by the norms ISO 9001 and 14001 of environmental management and the Q of quality award.Calpe’s coastline is defined by its variety, from natural rocky bays to urban beaches:
- Cala Les Bassetes: a cove with a sea bed that is well known for its fields of sea grass -an indicator of clean water and the absence of pollution-and an ideal place to practice diving of water sports.
- Playa Puerto Blanco: a quiet sandycove, located south of the town centre.
- Playa Cantal Roig: you can walk along the promenade to this beach located between the roman remains known as the “Baños de la Reina” and the harbor.
- CalaCalalga: a sandy cove located at the far end of the Levante beach sheltered by low cliffs.
- CalaGasparet: the Sierra de Toix serves as a setting for this pretty natural cove that you can only reach by boat.
- Playa Arenal/Bol: it is one of Calpe’s busiest beaches and backs on the town centre. Its sands are fine and golden stretch along two kilometers of coastline. The promenade links this beach and the town centre to the port, Peñón de Ifach
- Playa Levante known locally as La Fossa, is another of Calpe’s popular beaches. In the summer season it is the venue of activities such as the open-air cinema, it is well equipped with sports and leisure facilities, and its promenade is lined with restaurants, cafes, ice cream parlors and souvenir shops.
If we listed all the sporting activities that you can do during your stay with Calpe apartments to rent, we would never come to an end. If adventures drive you crazy this is the perfect place for you. We recommend:
- Deep water soloing: the Racó del Corv is an impressive rock face that rises above the Mediterranean Sea ideal for climbing without protection. This form of climbingalso known as psicobloc, is only recommended for the fearless. You can practice this sport on the Peñón de Ifach. Request information before your arrival.
- Pot holing: due to the limestone mountain formations this sport can also be practiced in the area. There are specialized firms that organize outings to try this and other aventuresports. Visit the Calpe’s Tourism Office for more information.
- Stand Up Paddle Surf: thelocal SURF & SUP schools have teamsof elite monitors to teach you this and otherwater sports such as KiteSurfing, WakeSurfing, Windsurfing or WakeSkateing, that you can practice during our stay at Calpe
- CYCLING: each year more and more cyclists are coming to Calpe since, due to its mild climate and mountains, it is the ideal place to practice this sport.
- ROCK CLIMBING: Calpe is a paradise for climbers with routes up the Peñon de Ifach and other mountains of the area.
- WALKING. There are numerous walking routes in the area. The most popular is without doubt the walk to the summit of the Peñón de Ifach although other alternative are the cliff top walks, the Oltá mountain with various routes. These walks are of easy to moderate level. We recommend the use of walking or sports shoes.
Calpe and Culture
The cultural aspectsof Calpe also deserve a mention. We advise you to ask for information if you want to do any guided visit through the historic centre of the town. A stay in Calpegives you the opportunity to explore its streets full of legends from other times. Furthermore, there are many museums to visit in this town. We mention a few that are worth a visit:
- Comic museum: situated in the old townis of recent creation. Of special interest is the central hall illuminated with skylight. Perfect for a quiet morning during your Calpe apartments to rent.
- Museum Fester: also located in the old town, this museum contains a collection of objects andcostumes typical of Calpe’s festivals and feasts and presents a photographic journey through their history: Moors and Christians, “Fallas de San José” or the feasts of the local Saints. A good solution if your stay with Calpe apartments to rent does not coincide with these festivals.
Calpe by night
After all the sensations you have experienced during the day you deserve a night in keeping.
- In the centre of Calpe you will find a wide range of bars and pubs where you can have a drinks and where you can dance until the break of day so do not expect to get back early to your accommodation.
- On the Arenal-Bol seafront there are also a lot of things to do. Those of you staying at the other side of the Peñón de Ifach you will find on the seafrontample terraces where to start the night as well as discos if you want to have more fun.
How to get to Calpe apartments
- By car: Take the AP7 motorway until exit 64 (Altea-Calpe) or the National 332 to get to Calpe, if you come from Alicante. If you come from Valencia you leave the AP 7 at Benissa and continue on the National 332 to get to Calpe.
- By plane: The closest airport to Calpe is Alicante (El Altet) at just 50 minutes from apartments Calpe Spain with numerous airlines flying in direct from all over Europe. You can get to Calpe by bus, shared or private transfers, taxi or car hire.
Things to do in Calpe
- The Peñón de Ifach: from your holiday apartment you will have the possibility to walk to the peak of the Peñón, of an altitude of 332 m to enjoy the amazing views along the Alicante coast. It is relatively easy route but not apt for everyone and the use of adequate footweat is essential. The landscape at the top will compensate the effort taken. The less energetic can stay at the visitors centre.
- Parque de La Vallesa: a green area 10.000km2 located in La Mercedwith trees and vegetation that typical of the area. It is equipped with tables, benches, barbecues and childrens playground, an ideal place to enjoy the fresh air during your stay in Calpe.
- ParqueEnginent: this recreation areas is located at only one kilometre from Calpe town. It offers a diverse selection for its visitors: barbecues, toilets, picnic area, children’s playground and exercise facilties.
For all those who are passionate about sports Calpe is an obligatory destination. The combination of beach and mountain permits to practice a great variety of sport activities in the zone during your stay at apartments Calpe Spain.
- If you love the sea, diving, sailing, swimming, surfing, paddle surf or kayak are among others the most practiced sports close to your rental apartment.
- If the mountains, are your passion you can also practice risk sports like rock climbing or pot-holing or less adventurous activities such as walking.
If you book a holiday apartment you will be able to enjoy strolling along the streets of the old town where the Torreó de la Peca tower, the walled village and the old churchwill introduce you to a series of local legends. You can continueyour visit in the Moorish quarter or Arrabal or the chapel dedicated to San Salvador, located on the top of a hill overlooking the bay.